In a much anticipated and made public on Thursday, September 11, 2014 judgment, the Court of Justice of the European Union clarifies what is allowed by libraries when they launch a scanning project. According to the Court, libraries can digitize their collections even if the publishers can offer them the same works in a digital format.
This text analyses for you two recent Bills of Law made public by the UK government. These Bills concern the orphan works issue. The first Bill implements into English Law the 2012 European Directive on certain permitted uses of orphan works. The second one concerns the possibily to obtain commercial domestic licences for UK orphan works or performances.
Like the other 27 members of the European Union, Ireland must implement into its Copyright regulation the 2012 Directive on certain uses of orphan works. The Department of Jobs, Enterprise and Innovation has published on March, 20th 2014, a public consultation on the transposition. Replies and comments must arrive at the Department for April, 23th […]
Cherchez sur IPNews.be
Articles récents en droit d’auteur
- Blockchain et RGPD: Une tension insoluble?
- Analyse du futur Règlement en matière de production de preuves électroniques
- Europe : Bientôt la libre circulation des données non personnelles
- La France tente de réguler les ICO
- La Cour de justice précise le droit d’accès de la police à nos données électroniques